Dwire Law Offices

Free Initial Consultations
952-232-0179 866-442-9693

Free Initial Consultations

Grandparents’ Rights

Lakeville Grandparents’ Rights Lawyer

Are you a grandparent who is concerned about the welfare of a grandchild? Are you a grandparent who would like to explore your options regarding visitation rights? At Dwire Law Offices, P.A., in Lakeville, we help Minnesota grandparents take legal action to care for the grandchildren whom they love so much.

Dwire Law Offices, P.A., recognizes that grandparents’ rights are an important part of family law. Lakeville grandparents’ rights attorney Todd Dwire provides supportive, experienced and effective legal guidance to grandmothers and grandfathers.

Burnsville Child Visitation Attorney

For most grandparents, there is perhaps no greater joy than spending time with their grandkids. For some, the simple pleasure of spending time with grandkids may be intentionally or unintentionally blocked during divorce proceedings or after divorce once child custody has been decided.

Under Minnesota law, grandparents can be granted visitation during divorce proceedings. Visitation rights can be granted if it is in the best interests of the child (or children) and if it does not hinder the relationship between parent and child.

When grandparents are concerned about the well-being of their grandchildren or when they are the primary caregiver, they can be appointed guardianship or given custody. They must prove that the child’s parent is unfit to care for the children. Our Lakeville grandparents’ rights attorney can show that the parent is mentally or physically unfit because of:

  • Neglect
  • Abuse
  • Abandonment
  • Domestic violence
  • Mental illness
  • Alcohol dependency
  • Drug use

If you are a grandparent interested in exploring your rights and options, Dwire Law Offices, P.A., can assist you.

Free Consultation With a Burnsville Child Visitation Lawyer

To discuss your grandparents’ rights matter with Lakeville grandparents’ rights lawyer Todd Dwire, call 952-232-0179 or fill out the contact form on this site.